Wikipedia is a platform that provides a great chance for every individual who loves to read, write, learn and grow. The most appealing thing about the Wikipedia platform is that it is an outsourcing platform and promotes user-generated unique content.
Back then there was a time when a very less number of people were aware that the information they viewed on Wikipedia is generated by a simple Wikipedia user just like them. But as time passed, people are now aware that along with reading and info hunting they can add their content on Wikipedia and even can edit the already existing ones too.
Create a Wikipedia Page
In case you own any business then there are a few prominent benefits that you can get if you create a Wikipedia page and get it approved by the Wikipedia authorities.
- People will recognize your business
- Add credibility to your business
- Increase your potential audience base
- It is great for marketing
- Provide feasibility to your clients, as they will get all the information about your business on the Wikipedia page.
So, in case you are convinced and want to learn how to get a Wikipedia page approved so here are a few tips if you follow them, you will have your desired results.
Do not rewrite the same content
Topic selection is the thing that matters the most in this process. You need to choose an appropriate topic that must trend on search engines. But make sure not to rewrite the same content again. Go to the Wikipedia search bar and type the topic you are likely to select then see what the result shows. If the topic you have selected appears already on Wikipedia and someone has already created content on the same subject matter, it is suggested not to rewrite it again.
Users always crave something new so if you rewrite the same topic then it is a chance that your content will not be able to gather a large audience. But if you write new content with a captivating title, they will like to read that.
Do comprehensive research
Before start writing, make sure you have well-researched ideas for content creation. Below is the list of things for those you need to research about them comprehensively before starting the writing process.
- Research ideas for content creation
- Do comprehensive research on the topic you have selected
- Research the best SEO practices
- Research Wikipedia guidelines
- Research Wikipedia content approval policies.
Do not add original research
It is suggested that you should not add original research content to your page. That means do not add the content you have gathered through various research to understand the subject matter. On the off chance, you include that, it will show up as plagiarized content. However, it is fine if you only take inspiration from the research but try to create new and fresh content on your own. Do not copy anyone’s idea and come up with your unique idea if you want fruitful results of your diligence.
Do not get biased
Never get biased while creating content on Wikipedia. Wikipedia does not encourage biased content. You need to stay neutral while writing content. Neutrality gives a sense of authenticity. So, for the goal to approve your Wikipedia page by the authorities you need to add neutral content. No matter if you write general content or the biography of any person, remaining neutral and stating facts from every side is the thing that matters the most to add credibility to your Wikipedia page. Biasness can spoil your content no matter how good you have written. Moreover, go through the Wikipedia guidelines for writing a biography if you are writing a biography of anyone.
Make headings wisely
Make headings wisely as the title of your content depicts its future. An engaging headline is a sole thing that attracts the internet user to click on the content’s link. While making headings for your Wikipedia page make sure to add a headline that captivates the reader’s attention at a glance. Keep your heading short and catchy. The heading must provide the main idea of your content to the reader. The more you emphasize creating a heading the more you will be able to engage readers.
Include only relevant information
While creating content for Wikipedia it is vital to include only relevant information in your content and be specific about it. If you generalize your content, then it is a chance that the reader will get bored by reading a lot of stuff. Adding irrelevant information will make you lose your credibility. In contrast, if you add only to the point information then it will engage the readers and encourage them to read your full content otherwise, they might leave the content unread if they see so much irrelevant information on it.
Another thing about which you should be worried while writing is the readability of the content. It is important to maintain readability in your content. Use strategies that can make your content readable. Use sub-headings, bullet points, and numbering. Add graphics and infographics were needed to increase the readability.
Include proper citations
In order to create a Wikipedia page and get it approved, it is necessary to add references/citations from sources that are reliable and credible enough to support your content. You can add references from credible resources like newspapers, research papers, and research journals.
If you want to get your page approved then here are a few key takeaways that you should go through before starting your journey.
- You need to choose an appropriate topic that must trend on search engines. But make sure not to rewrite the same content again.
- Research is considered a pillar of any successful content creation. Try to broaden your research Research on various aspects of content.
- Do not copy anyone’s idea and come up with your unique idea if you want fruitful results of your diligence.
- Biasness can spoil your content no matter how good you have written. Do not get biased while writing.
- Make headings wisely as the title of your content depicts its future. It must provide the main idea of your content to the reader. The more you emphasize creating a heading the more you will be able to engage readers.
- It is vital to include only relevant information in your content and be specific about it. If you generalize your content, then it is a chance that the reader will get bored by reading a lot of stuff.
- To make your content readable you need to do some extra effort. Add bullets, numberings, graphics, and infographics were needed to increase the readability.
- Add references from credible resources like newspapers, research papers, and research journals.
Now you are well aware of top tips to get your Wikipedia page approved so utilize it properly while page creation. Moreover, you can also take expert guidance as many Wikipedia writers, editors, and page makers are available for hire. You can hire them and they will make your overall page creation process very easy and feasible.